The first hypoallergenic wet food in the specialist retail trade made with 100% human-grade ingredients – also suitable to support veterinary treatment.
Terra Canis is the only hypoallergenic wet food which is not contaminated with a foreign DNA. In the renowned magazine ‘Veterinary Dermatology’ a study* was released by international veterinarians. The variety Terra Canis hypoallergenic horse was examined. Terra Canis hypoallergenic was the only wet food which was untainted and without any contamination with one of the five tested foreign DNA. The results from this study show that 9 out of 12 products by renowned producers contained DNA of one or more of the five tested animal species which were not declared. The DNA of beef (8 products) and pork (6 products) could be detected most frequently.
We recommend Horse hypoallergenic – as all our other hypoallergenic meals – for conducting exclusion diets to diagnose and treat allergies.
This meal is suitable for adult dogs of all breeds and sizes which suffer from allergies and intolerances and should be fed an exclusion diet. Terra Canis hypoallergenic was developed in collaboration with Dr. Bucksch, a veterinarian for small animals with an additional qualification in dermatology. Only pure muscle meat from a single rare protein source is used in these meals, along with a single type of vegetable. The most common allergenic food ingredients are thus avoided.
Anti-inflammatory linseed oil makes the ideal addition to this meal. Seaweed naturally provides your dog with important nutrients.
Complete food for dogs.
* ”Detection of DNA from undeclared animal species in commercial elimination diets for dogs using PCR“ (Horvath-Ungerboeck, Widmann, Handl; Veterinary Dermatology 2017; 28:373-e86)
Why are these meals so expensive?
The high muscle meat content (no offal) and the fact that all ingredients are of 100% human-grade quality make this product somewhat expensive. The necessary supplementation of the hypoallergenic meals has to be taken into account as well, as many ingredients cannot be used due to the intended low allergenic potential. The diversity in composition is thus not given. This renders the product development of the meal complex as well as the completion of the meal so that it covers the daily requirement as a complete feed. On top of that are the likewise significantly higher prices for Jerusalem artichoke and linseed oil compared to the vegetables and oils we use in our other lines.
- Developed in collaboration with Dr. Bucksch from Hamburg, a veterinarian for small animals with an additional qualification in dermatology
- Made by a traditional Munich butchery, a pure food-processing facility
- Ideally digestible thanks to pure, high-quality muscle and/or heart meat (60%), no offal or protein substitutes
- Only one kind of vegetable used in each meal (sweet potato, Jerusalem artichoke or parsnip)
- Addition of linseed oil (known for its anti-inflammatory effect)
- Contains no grains and no lactose
- Free of sugar, colouring, flavouring, preservatives, and poor-quality slaughterhouse waste and animal meals
- Added human-grade vitamins, minerals, and trace elements calculated individually by Dr. Bucksch, a veterinarian for small animals