The first hypoallergenic wet food in the specialist retail trade made with 100% human-grade ingredients – also suitable to support veterinary treatment.
Terra Canis "Hypoallergen" was able to prove in a scientific study* that there is no contamination with a foreign DNA. In the renowned magazine ‘Veterinary Dermatology’ a study* was released by international veterinarians. The variety Terra Canis hypoallergenic horse was examined. Terra Canis hypoallergenic was the only wet food which was untainted and without any contamination with one of the five tested foreign DNA. The results from this study show that 9 out of 12 products by renowned producers contained DNA of one or more of the five tested animal species which were not declared. The DNA of beef (8 products) and pork (6 products) could be detected most frequently.
We recommend Horse hypoallergenic – as all our other hypoallergenic meals – for conducting exclusion diets in case of suspicion or presence of a feed allergy.
This meal is suitable for adult dogs of all breeds and sizes which suffer from allergies and intolerances and should be fed an exclusion diet. Terra Canis hypoallergenic was developed in collaboration with Dr. Bucksch, a veterinarian for small animals with an additional qualification in dermatology. Only pure muscle meat from a single rare protein source is used in these meals, along with a single type of vegetable. The most common allergenic food ingredients are thus avoided.
Anti-inflammatory linseed oil makes the ideal addition to this meal. Seaweed naturally provides your dog with important nutrients.
Complete food for dogs.
* ”Detection of DNA from undeclared animal species in commercial elimination diets for dogs using PCR“ (Horvath-Ungerboeck, Widmann, Handl; Veterinary Dermatology 2017; 28:373-e86)
Why are these meals so expensive?
In addition to the high muscle meat content (no offal) and the fact that all ingredients are of 100% human-grade quality, the extremely high market price of kangaroo and ostrich meat makes this product somewhat expensive. This meat costs 3-4 times as much as beef, turkey, or chicken and must be imported as frozen goods from Australia and South Africa. The necessary supplementation of the hypoallergenic meals has to be taken into account as well, as many ingredients cannot be used due to the intended low allergenic potential. The diversity in composition is thus not given. This renders the product development of the meal complex as well as the completion of the meal so that it covers the daily requirement as a complete feed.
- Developed in collaboration with Dr. Bucksch from Hamburg, a veterinarian for small animals with an additional qualification in dermatology
- Made by a traditional Munich butchery, a pure food-processing facility
- Ideally digestible thanks to pure, high-quality muscle and/or heart meat (60%), no offal or protein substitutes
- Only one kind of vegetable used in each meal (sweet potato, topinambour or parsnips)
- Addition of linseed oil (known for its anti-inflammatory effect)
- Contains no grains and no lactose
- Free of sugar, colouring, flavouring, preservatives, and poor-quality slaughterhouse waste and animal meals
- Added human-grade vitamins, minerals, and trace elements calculated individually by Dr. Bucksch, a veterinarian for small animals