First Aid - Gastrointestinal low-fat diet. Chicken with carrot, Fennel, Cottage cheese & Camomille, 400g
Each dog owner knows the feeling: The dog is weak, sluggish and needs to go outside every 30 minutes. Gastrointestinal problems hit each dog, as healthy as he may be, at least twice or three times a year. The reasons can be manifold. Until today this meant for masters and mistresses “to cook bland diet” for the dog: Low-fat chicken with carrots and cottage cheese. This is now a thing of the past. Terra Canis brings the first First Aid- Gastrointestinal menu to the market. Lean chicken meat with carrots, fennel & camomile complemented with soothing further ingredients like lemon balm, calendula, medicinal clay and black cumin oil. A grain-free low-fat diet based on easy digestible ingredients, which relieves the gastro-intestinal tract and enhance regeneration.
- 100 % human grade food ingredients
- A light, balanced gastrointestinal diet
- Easily digestible vegetables & gluten-free coconut flour regulate the intestinal peristalsis
- Medicinal clay & potatoes serve as a buffer for excess gastric acid
- Cottage Cheese fosters a healthy gastro intestinal tract
- Increased dietary supplements compensate electrolyte and nutrient losses
Our wet food meals are made in a food processing facility, an Upper Bavarian traditional butcher's. Only food-grade ingredients are used. In addition to the fresh muscle meat and "good offal" such as heart and liver, there are over 20 different types of vegetables, fruits, and herbs in our meals.
Chicken heart (38%), chicken stomach (19%), carrot (14%), potatoe (9%), fennel (8%), cerlery (4%), cottage cheese (3%), coconut flour (1%), seaweed (0,6%), eggshell powder (0,6%), medicinal clay (healing earth) (0,5%), chamomile (0,5%), lemon balm (0,3%), calendula (0,3%), Andean salt (0,2%), black cumin oil (0,2%)
- Lean chicken is low-fat, easy to digest and thus the ideal way of supplying animal protein in the case of stomach and intestine problems.
- Cooked carrots contain oligosaccharides. These are similar in structure to the receptors on the intestinal wall, meaning that pathogens dock to these and can then be excreted from the body easily.
- As a basic foodstuff, cooked potatoes help to balance the increased acid formation resulting from diarrhoea. It is also easily digestible and gives the weakened animal more energy.
- Fennel is anti-spasmodic, calms the intestinal tract and helps with bloating.
- Celery protects the intestinal tract thanks to its high amount of anti-oxidants and polysaccharides. Celery also has an extremely high alkali potential which helps to neutralise the excess acid in the intestine.
- Cottage cheese is low-fat, rich in protein, easy to digest and therefore an ideal ingredient. It helps to rebalance the gastrointestinal flora.
- Camomile, lemon balm and calendula are known for their calming, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic characteristics.
- Black cumin oil is traditionally used for digestive complaints.
- The superfood coconut flour is easy to digest, low-fat and rich in fibre. It supplies energy without overtaxing the digestive system.
- Medicinal clay contains many minerals and trace elements, binds excess acids in a highly effective manner and absorbs damaging materials like a sponge.
As is always the case with Terra Canis, all ingredients are of proven human grade quality at the time of processing. With stomach and intestine problems, fresh and high-quality ingredients are incredibly important. The body should not have to cope with grains that are hard to digest, low-quality meat and animal meals or chemicals and synthetic substances. All ingredients are tailored to the needs of dogs with stomach and intestinal tract problems and have been deliberately chosen by Terra Canis vet Hanna Stephan.
This light diet for a dog's stomach is, like all Terra Canis menus, produced by the multi award-winning Munich family butcher's Schäbitz.
Proteine: 8.3 %, fat content: 3.0 %, crude fibre: 0.4 %, crude ash: 1.5 %, moisture: 83.0 %
Dog’s weight - Feeding recommendation/day:
5 kg 150 - 200g
10kg 300 - 400g
20kg 600 - 800g
30kg 900 -1200g
Start with 50 % of the daily recommended feeding, divided into 3 meals a day. Guidiance only.